A soon to be bountiful collection of research and data

Friday, February 28, 2014

Deed of gift project

My partner was Seya and she brought in a well worn Complete Works of William Shakespeare copyright 1906 which she purchased from a Sacramento thrift shop several years ago.


I brought in an acknowledgement of services and loss document for my great uncle Albion who served on the U.S.S. Houston when it was sunk by Japanese Navy ships.  It is signed by President Harry Truman (by auto-pen) and framed.



3 comments:

  1. I get such a kick out of the photo with the happily snoozing student behind me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was sleeping there for probably 40 minutes... her phone alarm went off right around when we finished. It definitely makes for a good candid picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Just dropped in to say that the letter is very nice. But you're right, the snoozing student is almost better.

    ReplyDelete